Radfactor Premium Russian Juggling balls 80mm
Thin Shell Russian balls. The Radfactor Russian ball is the best quality russian ball on the market for jugglers who what a full Russian effect ball. The very light shell is coupled with a sand filling to give the ball a pronounced Russian effect on the catch. The sand quickly goes to the bottom of the ball when caught, which causes a pronounced Russian effect. The lighter the shell weight in comparison to the filling weight the more effect you get. In general this type of ball is mostly used for numbers juggling, but has become much more popular for all types of toss juggling.
The ball is called a russian ball because Russian jugglers where the first to use this type of partially filled juggling ball popular in modern times (since 1990 or so), though the concept of a partially fill ball is a very old,19 century. One disadvantage of this type of russain ball is it too light for juggling outdoors and can be easlly effect by wind. The ball shell is soft, but not to soft or thin to be effect by altitude or heat changes. Some very light shelled russian balls will get dents in ball when you fly in a airplane with them. The texture of the ball is very nice, not sticky, but also not slippery, very smooth for multi-ball release from one hand. The ball is made with a flush plug so the whole ball has a even texture and feel, with no exposed/raised plug. All the balls come in accurate matched weights. The balls come in six sizes, 65mm, 70mm, 72mm, 75mm, 80mm and 100mm.
- 65mm size, 2.55 inch (a tennis ball is 65mm) and has a weight of 85 grams. This is a good sized ball for numbers juggling more than 5 balls, or for small jugglers. It is the most common size ball we sell.
- 70mm size, 2.75 inch (a hard baseball is 73mm) and has a weight of 95 grams. At 70mm this ball is good for 3-5 ball juggling and it has nice light weight if you practice a lot.
- 72mm size, 2.83inch (a hard baseball is 73mm) and has a weight of 95 grams. This is a odd sized ball, made for the Japanese market, where the juggler are very specific about sizing, and have relatively smaller hands. Some of them feel that the 70mm balls is too small, but the 75mm it too large for there hands so we have this in between size of 72mm. It is pretty hard to tell the difference between the balls.
- 75mm size, 2.95 inch (a hard baseball is 73mm) and has a weight of 100 grams. This ball is good for 3-5 ball juggling for larger jugglers up to 6 feet tall, with fairly large hands, or for jugglers who just want to juggler 3-4 balls and like the look of bigger juggling balls.
- 80mm size, 3.15 inch (a hard baseball is 73mm) and has a weight of 100 grams. The 80mm size ball is for jugglers over 6 feet tall, with large hands.
- 100 mm size, 3.93 inch (a softball is 97 mm) and has a weight of 100 grams. This ball is most commonly used as a contact type ball, where you are making stall catches, or ball balances. The russian effect makes this ball much easier to catch on your foot, head, neck or arms. Though it does not roll well, so it is not really suited for traditional one handed contact juggling.
To help you select the correct size of juggling balls, look at our Juggling Guide and Tips section listed in the bottom footer of the home page.
diameter 80 mm
weight 100 grams
made of HDPE
made in Japan by Radfactor