A stage ball is a hollow ball rotationally molded out of PVC, without any filling, so the total weight of the ball is made up by the weight of the balls shell only. The advantage of this ball is it is very durable, bright colored, water proof and has a lower cost that most other juggling balls. The main disadvantage of a stage ball is it will rolls away from you when dropped. For this stage ball the 200 gram weight is for toss jugging and the 260 gram weight is for contact juggling.
- 62mm, 2.44 inch, Stage Ball (75 grams) This is the smallest size 2.44 inches in diameter. This is a good size for adult doing numbers juggling 7-9 balls, or for children under 4 feet tall, i.e. small hands. For children they need to comfortably hold two balls in one hand. Some common sizes of balls to give you a idea of sizes; golf ball 42.6 mm racquet ball 57 mm and tennis ball 65mm
- 70mm, 2.75 inch, Stage Ball (100 grams) The 70mm ball is just a bit smaller than a baseball (hard 73mm) and it a nice size for adults doing 3-5 balls, and are over 5.5 feet tall. With a bit larger hands than the jugglers who fit the 67 mm ball. Or for all sized adults doing just 3 ball juggling. In general larger sized balls look better for 3 ball juggling, and since you only need to hold two in one hand to start juggling you can accommodate a larger sized ball.
- 78mm, 3.07inch, Stage Ball (150 grams) The is fairly large sized ball at 3.07 inch (a hard baseball is 73mm). It is a good size ball if you are at or near 6 feet tall, with large hands. Smaller jugglers like this size ball for 3 ball juggling but is generally to big to fit 3 in one hand for 5 ball juggling start.
- 90 mm, 3.54 inch, Stage Ball (180 grams) This sized ball is best for 3 ball juggling as it is too big to hold three balls in one hand to use for five ball juggling. Most jugglers buy this ball for making home made contact poi sets, or to be used as a contact juggling.
- 100mm, 3.93 inch, Stage Ball (200 and 260 grams) This sized ball is best for 3 ball juggling as it is too big to hold three balls in one hand to use for five ball juggling. Most jugglers buy this ball for making home made contact poi sets, or to be used as a contact juggling. For contact juggling we also sell this ball in a 260 gram weight, as a heavier ball is better for contact juggling.
- 130mm, 5.11 inch Stag Ball (400 grams) This ball is mostly used for single ball manipulation, or for modern dance manipulation, it could be used for 3 ball juggling but it is too big and heavy for most toss juggling.
To help you select the correct size of juggling balls, look at our Juggling Guide and Tips section listed in the bottom footer of the home page.
100mm Stage Ball
diameter 3.93 inches (100mm)
weight 200 grams)
gloss finish vinyl (PVC made in USA)
molded in Italy
by Francis B. on 10/19/20
by Neil S. on 04/04/21
great feel, right weight and is UV reactive. love it
by Y. Chen on 08/02/22
Great, nice and heavy for contact juggling. I'm a newbie so I can't tell much beyond that yet. A bit tacky in the beginning but that seems to be just how the material feels when new. Faintly squishy under pressure, while stiff enough to hold the spherical shape for free rolling. 100mm bought two, one weighs 259g, another 261g.
by T. Buodd on 10/27/22
Great service and quick action.
by R. Sevilla on 01/17/23
Excellent ball at 260 grams is perfect for contact juggling. Renegade ships fast and will continue to use them in the future
by K. Wood on 03/06/23
The 100mm SIL-X is my "go to" ball, but they have this nasty little habit of the plug working it's way out from time to time. My older balls weep a little silicon oil even when the plugs are in place. The 260 gram has a decent weight for contact, and I can give it to someone and not loose sleep over the plug.