Play Club Parts for Quantum Px3 and Px4 Clubs
You can buy all the parts to the Play clubs we sell, though you need to be careful what model club you are buying them for. The first thing to figure out if you have a Px3 or Px4 club. The only difference between them is type of dowel in the club and maybe the shape of the knob or cap. A Px3 has a plastic dowel, which flexes, you can bend the club in your hand. The Px4 has a fiberglass dowel which you cannot bend, the club is stiff.
Play makes two styles of caps, flat top and curved top. In the past all Px3 clubs where made only curved tops but now they are also made with flat caps. So check which kind your current clubs have.
On this product page you can only buy the Quantum Long Body (the body is the plastic bulb). Quantum using the long body. To figure out what kind of club you have just measure the length from the bottom of the knob to the middle of the center ring. A Sirius club is 9.5 inches, a Quantum is 8 3/4 inches. The center ring is the same for all kinds of play clubs. The only exception is old model clubs which have tape in the middle of the club. If the club has tape in the middle, you have old model. The dowel/handle assembly on this page will not work on these old clubs. If you want parts for this old clubs call us we some limited stock we can offer you.
The handle/dowel assemble comes made with a plastic dowel (Px3) or fiberglass (Px4). In the photo the white handle/dowel assembly is shown with a fiberglass dowel. It is white and has not flex. The plastic dowel is gray and has flex. If you currently have plastic dowel you can always switch all you clubs to fiberglass of visa versa. But it is not a good idea to mix plastic and fiberglass dowel on one set of clubs.
Extra Screws and washers, you can buy knob and cap screws and washers all the clubs use the same ones.
If you are going to replace the dowel on a club. Follow these steps
- Take off knob and cap with screwdriver.
- Pull the handle and body apart. Take the broken dowel out of the handle.
- Before you put the handle/dowel assembly in the club, slide the center ring over the knob and but it to the center of the club till it goes over the handle ridge, so the center ring cannot slide back down.
- Inset the dowel/handle into the body of the club. Tap body down the top of body so the dowel hits the top of the club body.
- Wiggle the dowel around till the hole in the body lines up with the hole in the dowel, and screw on the cap.
- Take the adhesive off the Px3 or Px4 sticker and cover the screw. At a slight angle push the plug in the cap hole.
- Take the screw and washer out of the knob. With force push the knob onto the handle till it bottoms out. Then put in screw and washer.
- Call us if you have any questions, and we can walk you through the assembly.
weight 208-215 grams, length 52cm, 20.5 inches