Pearlescent Stage Balls
The pearlescent stage ball is made with a weight of 185 grams. The ball is good for toss jugging, making contact or static poi with. It is a bit light for contact juggling.
A stage ball is a hollow ball rotationally molded out of PVC, without any filling, so the total weight of the ball is made up by the weight of the balls shell only. The advantage of this ball is it is very durable, bright colored, water proof and has a lower cost that most other juggling balls. The main disadvantage of a stage ball is it will rolls away from you when dropped. The ball is colored with fine glitter giving it a peal like look.
- 62mm, 2.44 inch, Stage Ball (75 grams) This is the smallest size 2.44 inches in diameter. This is a good size for adult doing numbers juggling 7-9 balls, or for children under 4 feet tall, i.e. small hands. For children they need to comfortably hold two balls in one hand. Some common sizes of balls to give you a idea of sizes; golf ball 42.6 mm racquet ball 57 mm and tennis ball 65mm
- 70mm, 2.75 inch, Stage Ball (100 grams) The 70mm ball is just a bit smaller than a baseball (hard 73mm) and it a nice size for adults doing 3-5 balls, and are over 5.5 feet tall. With a bit larger hands than the jugglers who fit the 67 mm ball. Or for all sized adults doing just 3 ball juggling. In general larger sized balls look better for 3 ball juggling, and since you only need to hold two in one hand to start juggling you can accommodate a larger sized ball.
- 78mm, 3.07inch, Stage Ball (150 grams) The is fairly large sized ball at 3.07 inch (a hard baseball is 73mm). It is a good size ball if you are at or near 6 feet tall, with large hands. Smaller jugglers like this size ball for 3 ball juggling but is generally to big to fit 3 in one hand for 5 ball juggling start.
- 90 mm, 3.54 inch, Stage Ball (180 grams) This sized ball is best for 3 ball juggling as it is too big to hold three balls in one hand to use for five ball juggling. Most jugglers buy this ball for making home made contact poi sets, or to be used as a contact juggling.
- 100mm, 3.93 inch, Stage Ball (200 and 260 grams) This sized ball is best for 3 ball juggling as it is too big to hold three balls in one hand to use for five ball juggling. Most jugglers buy this ball for making home made contact poi sets, or to be used as a contact juggling. For contact juggling we also sell this ball in a 260 gram weight, as a heavier ball is better for contact juggling. 260 gram balls are only in floro colors, not in pearlescent or swirled colors
- 130mm, 5.11 inch Stag Ball (400 grams) This ball is mostly used for single ball manipulation, or for modern dance manipulation, it could be used for 3 ball juggling but it is too big and heavy for most toss juggling.
To help you select the correct size of juggling balls, look at our Juggling Guide and Tips section listed in the bottom footer of the home page.
100mm Stage Ball
diameter 3.93 inches (100mm)
weight 177 grams)
gloss finish made of PVC
by Guy M. on 04/03/21
The RJ Pearlescent Stage Balls are great. Very nice for onlookers, big and easy to see. The seam where the two hemispheres are welded is smoother on some than on others, and on all it is purdy good. Some seams show a bit more and are higher than perfect, but definitely workable. The "Pearls" are worth adding to the kit. They are nicer than many of the just regular shiny type stage balls that everyone makes, as the pearlescent finish creates a unique luster that adds value. Some colors in some lightings look extremely pearl-like, and that is a remarkable accomplishment for the designers at Renegade. Adding a black pearl to the color options would be nice, as matching the jewelry awareness of actual pearls available from the oceans and cultured, would add a dimension to juggled combinations. White and black together would be especially potent, as these are the two most common pearl types on the jewelry market. Pearls have much meaning socially and historically, they mean many things to many people, and to get up front and juggle big ones brings a nice touch to the atmosphere. The weight / size ration feels just right. They are heavy enough even at 100mm to hold their own somewhat against wind.